1. If you need an easy way to hang a curtain rod, use Command hooks.
2. Repurpose your old rhinestone necklaces to make curtain tiebacks for a bohemian-inspired home.
3. Easily switch out seasonal plants by placing your potted plants IN pots.
4. If you have an exposed closet or clothing rack, use colored tape to prettify your hangers.
5. Use a hollowed-out book to hide an unsightly router.
6. Use a Sharpie and draw a design on a light bulb to cast a neat shadow when the light is turned on.
7. Use an upside-down Command hook on the backside of a door to hang a wreath.
8. Jute rope is a cheap way to add a rustic/nautical touch to any window dressing.
9. Cut an inexpensive duvet cover in half to make curtains — the fabric will be doubled, creating its own “lining.”
10. If you’re looking for a subtle pop of color, paint the sides of your door.
11. Painting the sides of a dresser adds a delightful detail to a child’s room.
12. Place a can under a candle in a large vase — you’ll use less filler AND the candle will sit straight!!
13. Put your mouthwash in a decanter.
14. Light an array of candles in an unused fireplace.
15. Update an unsightly fan with ribbons and tape.
16. Coat the inside of a lampshade with glitter to create a cool reflective light effect.
17. Half-painted walls will give the illusion of higher ceilings.
18. Tie shower curtains on with bows instead of metal rings that rust.
19. Poke holes in a dark lampshade for a starry effect.
20. For a statement wall hanging, Staples does oversized prints called “engineer prints.”
21. Use removable contact paper to pre-arrange your photo gallery before drilling holes.
22. A slim floating bookcase is a nice, clean way to add storage to dead space.
23. Use embroidery floss to weave a welcome message onto your screen door.
24. Use a paste of water and cornstarch to make removable wallpaper out of fabric.
26. For a space-saving lamp, hang a lightbulb on a cord off of a wall-mounted shelf bracket.
27. If you’re hanging something heavy on your walls, use tape to measure the distance between two holes.
28. For a cheap and classy alternative to bookshelves, use stair treads and corbels.
29. Transform a boring window roller blind by covering it with pretty fabric and attaching it with hot glue.
30. Similarly, you can do the same thing to an ugly rubber mat using spray adhesive.
31. This handy website lets you see how your room will look with different paint colors.