There are many factors that will determine whether or not your experience living in your rented apartment is a happy one or one that is filled with unnecessary struggles. Finding an unsuitable home will add to the stress in your life but finding the right place will help elevate that stress.
Here are some of the ways you can find the ideal apartment:
1. Make sure you know what you want –Make a list of things that you need. If you are the type that wants peace and quiet after a long day’s work, make sure you choose an apartment where you can stay by yourself or with one or two other responsible working adults. It’s really important to sit down and make a list of what is most important to you.
2. Rental rates – Determine beforehand the range of rental you are willing to pay.
3. Go online – The next step is to visit online property pages to see what fits you requirements and narrow them down to a list of not more than 10 possible places
4. Make a call – Call the agent or home owner and ask them specific questions regarding your specific requirements, like do they allow pets? Are they strict on visitors staying over? When can you move in? Once you have done that, you can cross some apartment units of your list of possibilities.
5. Visit in person – Nothing guarantees an honest appraisal of a house like actually seeing it for yourself. Make sure you set a specific appointment to view the house and from there you’ll be able to make decisions on things like whether the house is accessible by transport and how many amenities are available. Try to fix your visits for evenings or night time as you can see how many people actually live there.
6. Exteriors are important – A good way to judge whether the management of the apartment complex is responsible and efficient is to see whether the building and its surroundings are well maintained. Is there security? Are the gardens well kept? Is there rubbish in the hallways?
7. Negotiate – Once you decide which apartment you would like, try politely to negotiate the terms that is most beneficial. Try to give and take while reaching a compromise. Don’t worry because in the end, your effort in house hunting will pay off.
At the end of the journey, when you sign the tenancy agreement, remember that this house is a find of a lifetime, so just relax and enjoy a new chapter in life!